12 October, 2010

On the East Coast

Our road trip to Stockholm lasted about six hours. We took our time getting there. There was also a little bit of constrution and traffic in Stockholm proper, but the trip was fun. Jessi brought several mix cds to play and I found out we listen to a lot of the same music. I suppose that should come as no surprise.

Anja drove the whole way and did an excellent job. The car is a manual, so I'm not allowed to drive it. If I did, we may not get out of the driveway.

We walked to town after checking in at the hostel and saw a little bit of Gamla Stan. By the time we got down there, most places to eat were closed or closing, so we went to the 24 hours, always open golden arches. That is to say McDonalds. I usually try to avoid the McDs while in Europe, but this was an exception. We were very hungry by that point and it was open. I had a McTasty. I think that's a Homestyle burger in the US. Not sure though. Anja wore a bib for her meal. Ok, not really. She just wore it for the picture.

So, here we are this morning. Just got up. Not sure what we'll be doing today but we will find out when we get into town a little bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment