29 October, 2010

First and Most Recent

Take a look at the translation of this fun little interview from the Mix Megapol Gothenburg show (19 October) while you wait for the second concert report to be finished:

MM: It's time now for "first and most recent" with Jenny Berggren.

JB: This is exciting.

MM: This is exciting.

MM: I'll start. Tell us about the first time you were asked to sign an autograph on a body part.

JB: Oh, I don't remember actually. It may have been a little kid who asked, "Can I have your autograph?" Sure. "Write on my arm." I don't have any memories of myself asking someone to sign an autograph on a body part.

MM: Can we be the ones to start that?

JB: Sure, you can sign autographs on my body. I don't have a specific memory of someone asking. It was surely outside of an outhouse in Denmark.

MM: Now there's a good unique band name(Outhouse in Denmark).

MM: The last time, Jenny Berggren, that you bought something crazily expensive?

JB: Hmm, well, it depends on what you mean by expensive.

MM: Something that's expensive for you.

JB: Something expensive for me. It was definitely a wedding thing that my husband bought. Incredibly expensive. I don't remember actually, but it was expensive. Really expensive.

MM: When was the first time you, Jenny Berggren, lied about your age?

JB: I haven't started yet. But I have forgotten how old I am a few times. I felt like I was 22, then thought, no I'm at least 25, even though I'm not 25. I'm at least 27. Ok, now I lied. The first time is now.

MM: The most recent time when someone asked you to turn down the radio?

JB: Oh, that was surely the children yesterday.

MM: What did they say?

JB: They said, "Down Mother". They didn't mean down with mom, but "turn it down, Mother." They didn't use the word Mother, but it's fun to say Mother like in Mother's Day.
MM: The first time you dented a car?

JB: A brand new driver's license. I was at the red light at Esperantoplatsen and I didn't stop when the other cars stopped because I was messing with my mobile phone, which a lot of people didn't have then. I drove straight into the old guy in front of me.

MM: Did you mention later that you were sitting there with your mobile phone?

JB: No, they didn't know what it was then. It was almost like something from another planet.

MM: The most recent time you were recognized in a public bathroom?

JB: It was probably a few days ago or something around there. You feel these x-ray eyes when you go in and use the bathroom. It's a little uncomfortable, yes. I do have to use the bathroom sometimes. These things happen.

MM: Is there often a chat or is it more, "Is it you?" "Yes, it's me"

JB: Yes, that's it. To wash your hands afterwards when you... I'm sorry, this is a bit gross. Pardon me if you're sitting there eating your breakfast at home. But when people recognize that I was in there and actually did something, my body and I, it's there. It's at that point when we're all standing around washing our hands to get them clean. That's when it happens. "Um, is it you who, uh, is the dark-haired one in Ace of Base? Are you Jenny?" No, no, it can't be. That must be my uncle.

MM: First and most recent with Jenny Berggren. You did a very good job.

JB: Thank you so much. They were such good memories.

MM: After the commercial break, we're going to hear a new song from your new solo album. Which one will it be?

JB: It'll be "Gotta Go" with me and Staffan.

MM: Do you know that one Staffan? You don't need any help?

(Staffan answers in the background that he knows it)

No comments:

Post a Comment