02 October, 2010

Good afternoon Norway

I grabbed a little something to eat in Philadephia and when I was done, I leisurely strolled to the gate for the trip to Oslo. As I got there, they were calling for the first passengers to board. I thought I had an hour left to board, until I realized that Philadelphia is only 6 hours behind Oslo, not 7. Oops! Good thing I like to get where I'm going with a lot of time to spare.

The flight went very well. It was quiet and comfortable. Almost everyone slept on the flight, including me. I got about five hours of sleep or so. We then got a pastry for breakfast. The landing was very smooth, once again.

Our plane actually landed 30 minutes early, so I thought I'd try to catch an earlier bus to Gothenburg. I got through passport check and ran to the baggage claim area. The bags were already being loaded onto the belt, but mine took a little longer. When it finally arrived, I grabbed it and took off as fast as I could go. I told you running would be involved!

I hopped on the fast train to downtown and thought I would have about 10 minutes to get to the bus and board. Alas, the train that should have taken 19 minutes took 26 instead, due to a signal failure down the line. That gave me four minutes to run for it.

I bolted out of the train, down the stairs, and into the train terminal. The signs directed me towards the bus terminal, just across the street. I weaved in and out of people who were walking. I hit the overhead pedestrian bridge that connects the two places. It is outside and the air felt fabulous. It may be colder than I'm used to, but when you are hot and sweaty from running, it's the best.

I finally made my way to the bus station and found the departures information. Two minutes late. Ah! So close!

At that point, I was gasping for air. It was so hard to breathe, I was coughing with each breath trying to pull more air into my lungs. Then I heard wheezing, deep wheezing. The kind I haven't heard for several years, so I sat down on a bench to relax and resign myself to the fact that I missed the bus. But I gave it a good go! Nearly took the life of me doing it, but I tried!

Suffice it to say, I didn't really get any decent pics of Norway.

I'm currently on the bus I was scheduled to take. The one I knew I could get to in time. They have free wifi (I love this free wifi stuff!). The bus should arrive in Gothenburg about fifteen minutes before Jenny's performance is set to begin in Lindome. That means I will be late.

Sorry to everyone who will be there on time! I tried my best to be there before it started. I'll try not to disturb you too much when I arrive late with my baggage click-click-clicking across the floor and echoing in every corner of the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment