08 October, 2010

E-lec-tricity. E-lec-tric-ity!

The whole country is dotted with electrical outlets. I'm sitting here in my seat on the train to Karlstad and I'm using my laptop. How? The train has electrical outlets on it. Of course I could run off my laptop battery, but it would only last a few hours. It makes things so much easier when there are outlets to plug into. You'll find them in many different places - on the trains, the buses, the hostels, cafes. There was one next to my bed and every other bed in the hostel in Gothenburg. They're everywhere. It wasn't like that a few years ago, so all these outlets must be new. I like it.

2 comments:

  1. That is very cool... electricity must be cheap in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS very cool. I did not expect it to be so widespread across the country, but it is a good development for people who want to blog everywhere they go. Thank you Sweden.

    ReplyDelete