25 November, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving in the US today. I can't think of a better day to finish my blog. There are so many people to thank for helping this project go.

First, I have to thank every one of you who has been reading this blog. You're the reason I wanted to undertake this unusual project to begin with. I hope I have brought back a little feeling from the city, the concerts, and the country. Not everything went as planned, but that can wait until next time...

Or maybe you'll be the next to travel. In that case, I can give you a few planning tips for your own Gothenburg blog. I highly recommend writing a blog during your trip. It's not only fun for the people reading, it's just as much fun for the writer! And it makes a two week trip turn into a two month trip. What more can you ask for?

These two weeks in Sweden have been some of the best and most memorable in my life. Much of that is due to the comments and positive feedback I've received along the way. Sharing these two intense weeks with you has made the memories even that much sweeter. There was even an unforeseen, but logical benefit. All my memories are now well documented. Not only can I think back, I can also look, hear, listen, and remember back. That's thanks to you!

Second, I must thank Anna for her knowledge and hospitality both before, during and after the Lindome concert. I don't know if I could have made that concert without your help and guidance. And your humor. I definitely couldn't have written as much on this blog without your help in getting the mobile broadband for my laptop. I think I would've lost the first five days of posts without it! A big thank you for the good conversation and good company in Kungälv!

Third, Jessi and Anja have really allowed this blog to breathe and flourish. You gave me access where I wouldn't have had it before. You allowed me to tag along with you on their awesome adventures throughout the country. You even linked this blog to your site with its own button. That link has brought more readers than anything else. The content wouldn't have been half as exciting without your expertise, connections, and willingness to share resources. Thank you so much ladies!

A thank you goes out to all the people who spoke with me and welcomed me into their inner world during the interviews. I could never have described the essence of Sweden or the atmosphere of each concert without your insight and opinions. Tack!

A huge thank you goes out to the entire My Story team for being so hospitible. Thank you to Jenny Berggren for sharing your talent, your time, your wisdom, your humor, and your kindness with us. To Jakob Petrén for the hilarious play, for the sneak listens, and for your awesome piano skills. To Simon Petrén for your incredible piano skills, your 50 hour production marathon, and your album contributions. To Terese Fredenwall for your amazing songwriting chops, your work on the album, and your cheerfulness and positivity. To Staffan Birgersson for your musical skills, your great song choices, and your album contributions. To David Råsmark the nice lighting work at Mimers Hus and your work on track three.

I'm not going to be fancy or formal. And I'm just going to say it like it is. Thank you for all these blessings, Lord! I have so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for so many wonderful people. For all the amazing memories. For the incredible opportunities. For the chance to share the trip with others. For it all. In my language, Tusen Thank Yous.

What an unforgettable two weeks it has been! Thank you to all for traveling along with me and making this ride even better. Maybe I can join you online in your own travels one day. My bags are packed and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment