01 November, 2010

Remember This Name

Let me tell you about a musician you need to know about.

Her name is Terese Fredenwall.

Most of you have heard the "My Story" album and if so, you've heard Terese in action. She worked on many of the lyrics and backing vocals on several tracks. And if you've been reading this blog, you'll know a little bit about her from the Mimers Hus performance on October 15.

Terese is a gifted musician who can capture the essence of a moment or situation and present it back to the listener in a fresh light. Her music is heartfelt and honest, innocent yet strong, soulful and full of meaning.

It's evident she'll have a long and prosperous career in the music business. Get to know her name now because you'll be hearing it a lot.

She released her first album last year on her own label. It's called Colors From My Heart. You can listen to the album if you have Spotify. You can buy the physical album from her website. Or you can get mp3 copies from iTunes or Amazon. I heartily recommend "Ordinary Day", "Come", and "Stockholm City".


I had the opportunity to meet Terese a few times in October. She is not only an incredible musician, but also a wonderful person. Bonus!

Don't you just love it when the musicians you listen to are also great people too? I know I do!

I first met Terese at the Expressen newspaper offices in Stockholm on October 13. She gave me a spirited hello and handshake during our first introduction. We chatted for a few minutes about the performance she was about to record. She was animated, open, and relaxed. The next day, we met again for a brief time and we chatted some more. As we parted, she said goodbye with a hug, as if I were a long-time friend.

I was able to have a deeper conversation with her on October 15. We spoke about her music and her lyrics. We talked about her upcoming projects and her work with Jenny. She even mentioned a post I made at the Aceboards about her lyrics and she thanked me deeply for the kind words.

She's one of those few people you meet in life that make you feel comfortable and at ease from the moment you meet them. Those kind of people who just exude concern and care for the person they're speaking with. They make you feel valued because they are so open and honest and really listen to what you're saying. Have you ever met someone like that? That's Terese. I want to know how she does it. I would love to be this way too!

During that last conversation, I asked her about her next album and she said it would be called "Not About the Songs". She said this album would be a little bit different because the songs would be released individually every month and they would be free to download! Can it get any better?

Yes!

Because the first song was released today! Check out and download the first track from "Not About the Songs" for free!

If you like what you hear, become a fan on Terese's Facebook page or leave her a message in her guestbook.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment