26 September, 2010

Picking a seat is an artform

Over at the Aceboards, a user named Green Grass 24 started a topic about flying, which got me thinking about all things airplane related. It also reminded me that I haven't picked my seats for the flights to Gothenburg. And, as you all may know, picking the proper seat is an artform.


First, you have to think about the type of airplane you're in. What configuration are the seats? Is it a "two/aisle/two" configuration, a"two/aisle/three/aisle/two"? Maybe it's the amazingly long "two/aisle/four/aisle/two" configuration. How much room is there between you and the seat ahead of you? What about the seats next to the bulkhead? They offer more room but no window or room under the seat for a carry-on. Or the exit row? Do you choose it and hope they don't boot you to another seat because you look like a little powderpuff who couldn't open a jar of pickles? Do you want to be close to the bathroom or as far away as possible so you don't get blocked by the "waiting line"? Or how about engine noise? It's louder in the back than the front. Then, there's the most important question: Window, middle, or aisle?

This is no fluff decision, folks. Your behind is sitting in a seat for several hours. You don't want a bad seat.

To answer all these questions, SeatGuru is an excellent resource to use. If you've never heard of it, check it out. You'll always find the most comfy, coushy option available for the flight.

I like a window seat myself. A right side window. It lets me prop my head on the side to snore. Eh, I mean sleep.

What do you look for in an airplane seat?

2 comments:

  1. well mostly I take seat 6F lol hahaaa ... well I need a window which makes A or F in the aircrafts I usually take and 6 is my lucky number so I always try to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you travel too much when you have a favorite seat. ;)

    ReplyDelete